Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 70

Happy 4th of July.  Hope you and your family get to enjoy some BBQ and fireworks tonight.  We are “laying low” today as I am still not supposed to be around crowds and BBQ food is on my list of “no no’s” still.  Instead, my mom and I are home with Scotty (daycare is closed today and we don’t have our usual Thursday appointment at the clinic because they are closed too).  John decided to work today so that he could take next Thursday off instead and drive me to my spinal chemo and doc appointment while my mom spends a much deserved weekend down at the cabin in Pagosa Springs J

Today we are making cookies (cranberry & white chocolate chip cookies to be exact).  We went for a 1.5 mile walk around the neighborhood this morning and now we are just kinda hanging out waiting for Scotty to decide if he’s going to bless us with a nap or not (this kid is just not really a “napper” these days)…but at least he sleeps through the night.  I’ll take that over napping during the day, hands down!
I had another bone marrow biopsy on Monday.  Same NP that did my last biopsy did this one.  I got twilight sedation and she used the drill again.  Still hurt a bit and I still get super anxious, but MUCH better than the first 3 biopsies I did over at Kaiser.  No results back from the biopsy yet, should get some of the preliminary results back tomorrow at our afternoon appointment at the clinic.  I will post of Facebook tomorrow night once we hear back from the doc about the results J


My numbers continue to progress in the right direction.  I’ve been having some more symptoms over the past week L.  Threw up all of my evening meds on Monday (yuck).  I’ve been taking the anti-nausea medication preventatively since then…but the anti-nausea meds make me super drowsy/tired.  Not a side effect that I’m super fond of, but as my mom said “you’d rather be tired than throw up, right?” (for sure!)  This is just a little “speedbump” in my recovery process though and I’m gonna continue to just press forward and make do.  I am “Day 70” as of tomorrow…which means I’m just over 2/3rds of the way done with my first 100 days! J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment