Friday, November 1, 2013

Rogue cells don't stand a chance

At my clinic appt on Wed afternoon I got the "molecular/genetic results" of the BMBX from 2 weeks ago while I was inpatient.  Still "free and clear" with 99.6% Kyle's marrow/cells.  Dr. Nash used the term "fully engrained" and explained that even in the 0.4% of marrow cells that they pulled that are still "me" genetically, none of them show any sign of leukemia or the nasty MLL gene that was our biggest concern (reason I went through the transplant process to begin with).  The other good thing is that since I am fully engrafted and having GVHD issues, it's very unlikely that the MLL gene should show up again because I have what is also known as "graft vs. leukemia affect" now...which means that Kyle's cells would identify a "rogue cell that might be MLL affected" and his cells would seek and destroy it (military training aside :) lol since his cells  are already doing that to some of my healthy cells.  Lol

I had a Physical Therapist come out to the house yesterday to evaluate my leg strength and "proximal muscle weakness".  She confirmed what we already suspected and gave me PT exercises to help strengthen those muscles.  I have to do 1 set of 10 on each leg 3 times per day.  (Just another thing to add to my schedule of hourly meds, etc...but this is super important., so I will make it happen.  The sooner I feel stronger and can move around better, the easier things will get in so many other aspects!!  :)

I have another clinic appt this morning (bright and early @ 7:15am downtown)... So I had to bring 3 bags with me (my purse, my "clinic bag" and the food, insulin, my IV pump  and fluids, etc.  I am gonna look like a little Sherpa walking around since I have my clinic appt, then need to go to the kaiser pharmacy across the street to pick up a bunch of scripts, and then run a few errands on the way home from downtown (to maximize my time).  :)

I am looking forward to a weekend at home with my boys, just relaxing and hopefully getting some organization done in the whole wardrobe ordeal (at least getting stuff that is way too big out of my closet and into Rubbermaid bins for later sorting, so I have room in my closet to start putting the few articles of clothing I do have that fit...and they are easier to find!  :). Lol

I can't believe it's already Nov.1st.  Scotty and John had a great time at a Halloween party at Gus & Erin's house (they are good family friends and Gus was John's best man in our wedding).  I stayed home with Jackpot and handed out candy to our neighborhood kiddos last night..was fun to see so many little ones....lots of super cute costumes and smiles...favorite of the night was a little boy (probably 18-24 months who was dressed  as a little turtle and he was ADORABLE!!!


Super excited for the holidays that are quickly approaching and spending time with family...visiting and making memories!
-Chellie  

No comments:

Post a Comment