Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Scotty Time!

So this is going to be a quick update but I wanted to share some good news!   Saw Dr. Nash on Thursday last week and he said "I am very pleased with your recent progress" :). My GI symptoms have lessened which is a relief and as a result Dr. Nash said we could decrease one of my steroid medication dosages...so I only have to take it once a day instead of twice a day.  He also said that since I am off 2 of the 3 steroids and could possibly be off this last one in the next few weeks, we are able to discontinue one of the prophylactic antibiotics that I was taking (they added this antibiotic when I was in the hospital in October and was on all the massive doses of steroids which put me at a much higher risk for infection).  So I got rid of 2 pills a day at my last appointment!

I am also starting to feel a difference in my muscle strength.  I have been able to stand up from the couch without pushing myself up with my arms several times this week (mostly in the AM when I am not as tired from the day).  Getting up the stairs at home is getting a little bit easier each week as well!  I am feeling well enough that I was able to shovel our sidewalks during the last storm we had (light powdery snow helped). :)

My hair is growing out a bit...to the point that I need a trim (it's starting to touch my ears)...so I will get to go see my amazing cousin next week and have her trim me up.  It is still so short that there is no way to style it and I am still rocking wigs and scarves, but I am thinking by the beginning of summer (or late spring) it might be grown out enough to style it (like Ginnifer Goodwin or Michelle Williams short styles.  We'll see.  It would be great timing to have short hair since summers in Denver recently have been rather warm! 

As much as we have hated losing out daycare provider (hoping it's temporary), I have really been enjoying my time home with Scotty.  It is exhausting, but so special.  Yesterday he took his nap with me in the recliner I his room (I can't lift myself and Scotty when he is asleep, from a chair yet, but I will get there)...having him sleep so peacefully on me while I just watched him was perfect.  I am so thankful that this little guy is part of our family and arrived safe and sound before all the craziness of the past year.  We are coming up on the anniversary of my initial diagnosis (February 15) and it is so crazy to look back at the past 300+ days and think about everything our family has been through! 
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment