Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The road to recovery

Things continue to go well!  I met with my doctor yesterday and he seemed pleased with my progress.  He is a very stoic guy and he even joked around and cracked a few smiles during my appointment yesterday which I’d never seen before!  My ANC yesterday was 2091!!  Woo hoo and my total WBC count is 4.1 (normal range is 4.5 -10), so I am getting close to the normal range on that specific count! J  The other good news is that Dr. Nash re-evaluated my rash on my arms and he doesn't think its GVHD (at least not the typical presentation of skin GVHD) and he said it looks as though it might be some sort of reaction to one/many of the meds that I’m on.  So, that is good news!  I also got the preliminary results back from my bone marrow biopsy last week and so far everything looks good!!  I am still waiting on the molecular results (to look for the mutated gene that they found in my cells originally, back in February) and hopefully those results will be clean too! J

I am feeling more energy and able to walk about 2 miles with my mom each morning (before the sun comes out & it gets hot).  I was never a fan of heat, but after the transplant I’m tolerating the heat even less.  It was really funny that this topic came up in the clinic waiting room yesterday and two other patients chimed in and mentioned the same thing!
 
Still not allowed to travel outside of Denver and still not allowed to drive.  I feel like a teenager again asking my mom to take me places! Lol  Today we have a few errands to run and then back to the house early this afternoon so I can get my IV infusion started.  My doctor started me on oral magnesium pills (I will start with 1 per day and work my way up to 12 magnesium pills per day) but once I can work my way up to 12 then I should be able to get rid of the home IV infusions! J  Looking forward to that!!!


I got to have one of my favorite dinners last night, homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza.  I had been thinking about it since I was in the hospital and its one thing that my taste buds “recognize” and it still tastes the same!   It is so weird how my taste buds are kinda “dulled” for the most part but BBQ Chicken Pizza was a hit! J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment