Monday, August 5, 2013

What's that sound? Oh yeah, silence...

Day+ 100!!!! Woo hoo! The day has finally come. When I first started the transplant process it seemed like 100 days seemed like forever! Reflecting back it has gone pretty quickly. I am home alone for the first time today (My mom is down in Pagosa Springs and John is at work). I don’t think I’ve spent more than a few hours alone for the past 5 months!

I miss my mom already. How many other adults get to spend 2.5 months with their mom? Despite the circumstances, we had a really fun summer together. My Mom is a pretty cool lady! :-) She was so helpful around the house, driving me to all my appointments and taking notes, helping with Scotty and keeping me company. Its going to be quite an adjustment not having her to hang out with during the day. Even though I am now past Day +100, I am still not really supposed to be out in crowded public places or able to do anything really fun because I am still on my immunosuppressant medication. So, that means l will continue to spend lots of time at the house and running quick errands during non-busy times. Still no movie theaters, sporting events, or work. I am trying to come up with a schedule now that I’m home alone most of the day. I am really hoping to do 10-15 hrs of volunteer work for the mental health agency as well as study for my EPPP, get in a 2 mile walk or elliptical each day (depending on the weather), and organizing/typing up my grandmother’s recipes.

I had my 3 month BMBX on Thursday and at my appointment on Friday we discussed the initial results. Again, so far, so good. Initial results show no signs of leukemia and we are just waiting on the molecular results (should hear later this week or early next week). Then I am “free” of BMBX until late October when I get my 6 month BMBX and follow-up appointment at the clinic. I think I should be able to return to my primary oncologist at Kaiser pretty soon! :-)

Tomorrow I have a DEXA scan at Kaiser downtown to check my bone density (fingers crossed that I don’t have any major/permanent bone density loss from the chemo/radiation!

That’s it for now. All is “good in the ‘hood”. Next big milestone is the 6 month mark!

-Chellie

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Chellie! You are a super star! (P.S. Your grandmother's recipe's sound awesome if there's enough of a collection they need to by typed up! I'm hitting you up for details!)

    ReplyDelete