Monday, August 26, 2013

Light the Night Walk

Gearing up for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s “Light the Night Walk”

Today is officially 4 months post transplant and exactly 1 month until I participate in my first “Light the Night Walk”.  Light the Night is biggest annual fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).  The Rocky Mountain LLS chapter has been a fantastic resource for me and my family over the past 6 months.  It is my goal to get as many walkers as possible to join me at Washington Park on September 26th and to raise LOTS of money for this amazing organization.  (Scotty will be joining us in his stroller, so feel free to bring your kiddos along if you want!)

 I have our team fundraising page finalized and it is a secure site (through LLS) ready to accept both donations and registrations to walk with our team.  Please consider making your tax deductible donation to one of our registered walkers or to our “Go Cells Go” team as a whole.  Each registered walker who raises at least $100 will get a Light the Night Walk t-shirt and a wrist band for free food at the event. 
Thanks again for all of your ongoing support for me and my family as we continue along this journey.  For those interested, here is the link J

Our LLS Light the Night team fundraising page:  http://pages.lightthenight.org/rm/DenverL13/GoCellsGo
From this site you can register to join our team of walkers, donate to the team as a whole or donate to an individual walker.

Oh and for those competitive folks out there…John and I have a friendly competition going on to see who can raise the most money  ;-)  We’ll let ya know who wins! And one more thing…if anyone joins our walking team and raises more money than me, I have a special gift for you!! J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment