Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just a little off the top please...


Round 2 of ‘spinal chemo’ is done.  My friend Kalli was visiting me in the hospital when the doc finally showed up (@ 5:45pm) to perform the procedure last night.  She was nice enough to stay and distract me while the doc did his job.  (Thanks Kalli!) J

Today is another “rest” day.  No IVs, no chemo…just hanging out in the hospital.  My parents will be here to visit in a bit and John will visit tonight after work.  My mom will watch Scotty tonight so that John and I can have dinner together for the first time in nearly 2 weeks!  (I’m excited for “date night” even if its here in my hospital room J  My “counts” are still low (neutropenic) but we are hoping to see some increase in the next few days (still hoping for discharge on Saturday).  If I get to go home on Saturday as planned then I’ll have outpatient appointments at the Kaiser oncology/hematology office downtown (to get labs done & possible transfusions) 3 times next week.  My cousin Kristi will be coming over on Sunday to give me my “chemo haircut”.  I’ve decided to shave my head since my doc says that if I don’t my hair will fall out in big clumps starting somewhere around Day 14 (mid next-week).  I think seeing my hair fall out would be way too traumatic so we’ll have some fun (perhaps I’ll rock a mohawk for a few minutes before we shave it off entirely).  Don’t worry, we’ll have my mom take pictures and post them on the blog J

While on a walk around the unit today I found a little bulletin board that had some forms I could fill out (recognizing excellent nurses/staff).  I am looking forward to writing up a few cards for my favorite nurses (Ann, Nicole, Amanda & Sally) this afternoon while I watch Ellen on tv.  J

I’m including a picture of my view from my hospital room for those of you who are curious.  I love that I have a view of the mountains!!!  Those snow capped mountains are the reason I love living in Denver and they make my heart sing!  
-Chellie

1 comment:

  1. Chellie, you are an amazing woman! I just LOVE your attitude. The view isn't too bad either

    ReplyDelete