Monday, September 30, 2013

Light the Night!

I had an amazing time last night at the "Light the Night" walk here in Denver at Washington Park with the rest of team "Go Cells Go" :). My dad was able to fly in from CA to join us for the walk and we met up with the "Colorado fam" (the Van Huysen & Baskfield crews) as well. Special thanks and shout out to my amazing cousins for "blinging us out" with sparkly orange accessories, feather boas, Hawaiian leis, and team visors. I must say, we rocked the "Leukemia awareness orange" :). The weather was perfect (cool and comfortable in long sleeve shirts and jeans). Our family will definitely be making this an annual event. :). 



My heartfelt thanks to all of our very generous donors/sponsors who contributed to our team fundraising efforts... Team "Go Cells Go" raised over $1350.00 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society Rocky Mountain Chapter!!! You guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough for contributing to this organization which has such an impact on our family in the past 8 months! 



As far as my GVHD rash goes, it is getting a little bit better each day and hasn't spread, so we are on the right track! The rash is like a bad/blistery sunburn but has started to dry up and it's now peeling (lovely huh?)... the doc said that this is the natural progression, so at least it's being predictable and doing what it needs to do in order to keep healing and protect my skin from any long term damage/discoloration. The massive dose of steroids is helping manage it and so far no blood sugar issues have popped up (yay!). I am really trying hard to control my calorie intake because prednisone at this massive dosage makes me feel SO FREAKIN hungry and I don't want to gain weight after working so hard all summer to lose it! :). Just doing the best I can and I will just have to get back on the wagon when I can :)



Scotty has an eye infection right now (ugh) so were are in "code Clorox" mode at Casa Voss right now, making sure that we keep things as sanitary as humanly possible since eye gook is so contagious! He started drops this afternoon and we are just praying that we can keep it contained to him and that I don't catch it!!! (I don't do eye drops well and an eye infection could be nasty for me!)
-chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment