Monday, September 16, 2013

Moving Up

Lots of good news!  I saw Dr. Nash earlier this week and I have "graduated" to the 3rd floor of the clinic.  All  of my appointments are on the 3rd floor now (where they treat the "less acute" patients).  3rd floor patients don't get any infusions or medications (2nd floor does all sorts of chemo infusions, blood/platelet infusions and nutrition replacement) at their appointments.  Yipee for being on the 3rd floor now!  I also got permission from Dr. Nash to decrease my immunosuppressant medication again!  So I am continuing to wean off of that medication and hopefully will get to discontinue it at the end of next month.  I am also cleared to spend a weekend at my parent's cabin in Pagosa Springs, so we will be heading down there next weekend! J

Dr. Nash said I will have to drink bottled water and that I am not allowed to go in the hot springs or the river...but I am still so excited to get out of town and relax on their deck and listen to the river! J

More amazing news...our team ("Go Cells Go") has raised just over $1000.00 for LLS- Light the Night walk at the end of this month.  We have several family members registered to walk with us (Yay Van Huysen & Baskfield families!!) and we are really looking forward to it! I will post some pictures after the event of our group.  Thanks again for everyone who has already donated...you are making a difference in the lives of cancer patients!! :)

Other news: We have been getting LOTS of rain here in Aurora (flooding has been catastrophic in other parts of the Denver Metro area).  Thankfully, our house has remained dry and we were not stuck out on the roads like many others around town.  Please keep the victims of these recent floods in your prayers. 

I am continuing to do well in my recovery.  I have hit a bit of a "speed bump" recently with some mouth ulcers which my doc doesn't are GVHD related (yay) and instead he believes it is a flare up of a virus...so we are keeping a close watch.  I am continuing with my baking soda mouth rinse and Biotene rinses.  I have also had a couple of more intense waves of nausea the past few days but the extra meds I have available for this side effect have been pretty helpful.  All in all, still feeling good and really hoping to return to work next month if I can find a position that will be a good fit for me! :)

Thanks for all of your continued support, love, and prayers...they mean the world to me!

-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment