Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Appoinments


So, as of today I have 7/12 of my weekly appointments completed.  This morning my Dad drove me downtown to the Kaiser Franklin building for my bone marrow biopsy.  We got there early as my nurse said she'd have medication ready for me.  We got there early and after waiting 45 minutes I had to ask someone to figure out what the holdup was.  They quickly found the medicine and about half an hour after it was administered  they walked me back to the bone marrow biopsy room.  I feel like I've been to this room way too much.  3 bone marrow biopsies in the past 6 weeks!  (Definitely NOT my idea of fun).  My Dad wad there to hold my hand throughout the biopsy and a nursing student observed as part of her clinicals (hey, if I'm in pain someone might as well learn something from it) :). I am back home and still sore, but SUPER glad that it is over!! The rest of my appointments this week will be a piece of cake.  I have spinal chemo super early tomorrow, 2 regular oncology apps with blood work, a dentist appt, and an EKG. 

My Dad left to go back to Pagosa Springs this afternoon but my mom is here to help out with Scotty all week.  It's nice to have her back here helping with Scott and household chores and Scotty really seems to enjoy his time with her (as does Jackpot because he gets to go on LONG walks with her when she is trying to increase steps on her pedometer! :)

Not much else going on this week.  I have been spending LOTS of time in the car driving all around the metro area.  Hoping to have some more health updates and news after my appt with my oncologist on Friday. 
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment