Thursday, April 18, 2013

If the tests are legit, must admit...


Yesterday I had no pending hospital admission date and this morning I have two tentative hospital admission dates.  Right now my transplant coordinator is fast & furiously trying to arrange everything for  a Saturday admit.  If for any reason she can’t get me in on Saturday, then Monday is our “back up day”.  I will know more late this afternoon when I go to the office and get some more bloodwork done & meet with my coordinator.  The other news is that Dr. Nash has decided to change up my “pre-transplant conditioning protocol” and instead of doing radiation first, I’ll do chemo first & then radiation.  He thinks that this might help protect my liver a bit more (let my liver process the chemotherapy drugs before they give me radiation which has the potential to harm the liver).   So, as frustrated as I was with Dr. Nash earlier, this delay has resulted in two changes that will hopefully better protect my lungs and my liver so that I have less change of organ damage (which is a great thing since I’m planning to be a “long term” survivor & I’ll need functioning organs for many years to come J

Kyle arrives in Denver tonight & starts his injections tomorrow.  My dad will be coming out this weekend and will be there with Kyle for moral support when he donates on Tuesday.  If everything goes according to plan, I’ll be in the hospital already so I don’t think I’ll be able to be in the room with them when Kyle donates, but maybe my dad can text me some pictures of Kyle hooked up to the apheresis machine J 
My plan today (aside from driving downtown for my doc appt) is to spend most of today doing laundry and getting ready/packing for the hospital (just in case a Saturday admission is possible).  Tomorrow I’ll hang out with Kyle after he’s done with his injection in the morning.   I’m ready to rock & roll…lets get this party started!
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment