Monday, April 8, 2013

Preparations


Had a great visit from Kyle these past 2 days.  He flew into Denver yesterday and stayed with us last night.  Scotty got to meet Uncle Kyle for the first time and we enjoyed watching a movie together.  This morning Kyle went and completed his physical.  10 vials of blood, and EKG and a chest x-ray.  Then he met with a doctor at CBCI this afternoon.  My guess is that he is one of  THE healthiest donors they have ever met with :)  I am one lucky sister and recipient of his stem cells!

We have a MAJOR winter storm moving into Denver tonight so Kyle decided to return his rental car this afternoon and I drove him to his hotel (they have a shuttle to the airport) and he will try and leave early before any of the weather interferes with the flights.  Kyle and I went out to dinner together tonight and enjoyed some "sibling time" :)  Very good to see him and looking forward to seeing him again (he promised he'd come visit me in the hospital after his injections each day when he comes back out for the stem cell donation :)

I got 2 calls from the radiation oncologist's office today confirming my appointment tomorrow @ 1pm.  I hope we can make it downtown in the blizzard conditions that they are predicting (weather forecasters here in Denver are famous for being not-so-accurate with their forecasts.  We'll see how it looks tomorrow morning. :)  John has volunteered to drive me to my appointment so that I don't have to worry about that on top of meeting with the radiation oncologist.  I have to be honest, I am really nervous about the radiation therapy that is part of the pre-transplant process.  I am sure it will be fine but it freaks me out to expose my body to the radiation because it is associated with developing secondary cancers later on.  Just taking it one step at a time for now.

MIL, Judy, is here this week helping care for Scotty while our daycare lady is on vacation.  It is so nice to have here here taking care of the little munchkin so that I can focus on the rest of my appointments and resting up before I head back to the hospital next week :)
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment