Monday, April 1, 2013

I love it when a plan comes together


Whew, I accomplished 1/3 of my pre-transplant appointments today!  It was a very busy day driving all over town!  I had to go all the way to Good Samaritan Hospital(about an hr north of home) for my pulmonary function test, but its done and the respiratory tech who did all my tests was awesome and explained everything and my results as we went.  I also got my sinus CT, blood work (9 vials of blood) and my chest x-ray checked off the list :). Tomorrow is my echocardiogram in downtown Denver and the caregiver class @ the transplant center with John and my mom.  The only thing I still need to schedule is the bone marrow biopsy (my oncology office is having a hard time getting main this week and we may need to drive up to Good Samaritan again since they have availability on Wed.)

I talked to my transplant coordinator this afternoon and we have a tentative schedule! Kyle will be coming out early next week to do his physical.  It looks as though I will admit to Presbyterian St. Luke's Hospital's transplant unit on April 15.  Kyle will come out again after I am in the hospital and start his injections to increase his stem cell production on the 19th with the actual transplant happening on April 23!!!  They will harvest Kyle's stem cells on the morning of the 23rd and infuse/transplant them into me that night.  It sounds as though I will be in the hospital for one week prior to the transplant for the super intense chemotherapy and total body radiation and then three weeks after the transplant while we wait for the stem cells to engraft into my bone marrow.

If all goes according to plan it looks as though April 23 will be my new "re-birthday" :)  I think its absolutely awesome that this will happen during the springtime and that all of this is happening now, so close to Easter, as it is the time of renewal and life.  God has been watching out for me and keeps me in the comfort of his arms. 

My parents are in town this week helping watch Scotty (his daycare provider just became a new grandma and is going to help out with her brand new granddaughter :). Next week we will have Kyle here insisting while he completes his physical and my MIL will be here all week to watch Scott until daycare opens back up the week of the 15th.
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment