Saturday, April 27, 2013

Getting some new ink


I’m aware I’ve been “off the radar” for a while, having other’s blog for me.  Its been a combo of wanting them to be able to share their part of the journey as well as me not feeling totally up to blogging…but I’m back (& better than ever) ;)

 I’ve been trying to take pictures to document everything (radation, transplant, etc)…so I’ll start by catching you guys up on what I’ve been up to this past week.  I had total body radiation 2x/day for 4 days (ending yesterday).  I sat on a bicycle seat and they used these metal alloy lung shields to protect my lungs from getting too much radiation.  I’ve included a picture of the lung protector thingies because I think they are hilarious. 

The physicist here at the hospital actually made the plastic thing that they hang on and they just simply block the radiation.  The radiation techs simply turn off the lights and line my lungs up (via x-ray) with the blocks and they drew all over me to make sure that they had me lined up correctly (another picture with my temporary “back tattoo” J

Not an “exact science” at all, but I’m thankful that they are careful and that the physicist here at the hospital is so crafty J lol

Today I’m waiting for John to come to the hospital and visit.  My SIL and MIL are in town taking care of Scott & hanging out at the house which is awesome because it frees John up to come visit at the hospital J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment