Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Xfinity High-Speed Maid Service?


Today is “Day +4”.  My ANC dropped to 22 today (pretty much as low as it can go).  Doc was just here chatting with me and said that I’ll most likely hover here for the next week or two.  I am so anxious to just see the numbers start rising so I know “it’s working”.  Just doing my best to be as patient as possible and “ride the wave” as my cousin Kristi says J  In the meantime I’m just doing my best to manage the side effects of the chemotherapy which have hit me kind of suddenly but the docs and nurses are doing their very best to manage the discomfort for me with additional meds.

A volunteer came by my room today…he is a former BMT patient (had his transplant 8 years ago).  Like me, his brother was his donor.  It was great to visit with him and he reminded me several times to be very cautious when I go home not to get complacent.  He said he’s been volunteering at the hospital for many years now and has seen patients come back a few months after discharge because they get really sick and kinda “slacked” when it came to being vigilant about food prep, cleaning & making sure they are getting enough rest.  I DEFINITELY don’t want to come back (1 month is more than enough in my book!) so I am going to have to keep reminding myself not to push it too hard and to remain vigilant about handwashing, food prep, being around others who are sick, etc.
  
So here at the hospital they have a tv service that scrolls messages on the bottom of the screen (kinda like the news) but it is interactive & you can request services through the tv.  I think it is hilarious because yesterday it popped up with “does your bathroom need to be cleaned?” and I was supposed to select yes or no on the remote.  I couldn’t help but think how lovely it would be to have this service at home through our cable service at home!  How nice would it be to be able to just hit a button to select yes on the tv at home and have someone come clean my bathrooms J  That would actually make me feel justified in paying the outrageous amount we used to pay Comcast/Xfinity for cable every month! Lol
-Chellie

4 comments:

  1. Maid Service service offered by your doctors and other staffs is impressive. In fact, it is only because of help and support; you can overcome your other problems related to chemotherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, I just read your blog, and thanks for sharing.
    cleaning services victoria bc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great informative post. I get more information from this. That information is so helpful to us.Will be visit again on your website.

    Alabama cleaning services

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really an informative post , thanks for share , hope to visit some more such type of blogs.
    Thanks for share :)
    Chemicals

    ReplyDelete