Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Are we gonna do this or what?


Well, we are officially in a holding pattern.  Dr. Nash’s nurse called at 10:30 this morning (yep, on a Sunday) and said that he’s concerned about a few more of my tests.  Apparently he wants to see the report and results from the pulmonologist in writing (the phone consult wasn’t good enough apparently).  He is also worried about my elevated ferritin levels and wants me to repeat my EKG.  I’m annoyed to say the least because he’s had all of this information for a week or more and all of a sudden today with less than 24 hrs till hospital admission he’s changing his mind.  I even asked him about my super high ferritin level when I met with him on Thursday for our consult/consent appointment and he told me he wasn’t concerned about it.  UGH.  So now instead of admitting to the hospital tomorrow morning and getting this whole process started, I’m “on-call” for the doc’s office to contact me and get my more urgent appointments and lab work.  The other kinda crummy deal is now I won’t get Kyle’s “fresh cells” and they will freeze them instead (his donation process is still on schedule).  The nurse claims that its not a big deal, and its probably not, but I was really looking forward to Kyle being there when I got his cells (and now it sounds like he’ll be back in VA by the time I get them).  Oh well.

Yesterday John surprised me with a quick overnight trip to Devil’s Thumb Ranch (where we got married).  We had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant that catered our rehearsal dinner and then we checked into our room.  I relaxed by the fireplace in our room for a while and took advantage of the amazing soaking tub.  I was very careful not to get my central line wet J Apparently when John booked our room he had told the reservations clerk a little bit about why we were coming up last minute.  When I got to our room there was a gift there from the DTR staff (John didn’t know anything about it)…a beautiful and SUPER SOFT blanket with a note from them stating they wanted me to have something that reminded me of the ranch and that they hope to welcome us back soon.  I almost cried reading the note…what amazing customer service and thoughtfulness!  Devils Thumb Ranch is amazing.

This afternoon I’m just kicking back and getting packed for the hospital (even though we don’t have a date yet for when I’ll admit).  Could be Tuesday, could be next week…who knows.  I finished burning my CD (mix tape) for radiation and have that ready to go J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment