Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Avoiding the crowds


Sorry I haven’t updated the blog in nearly a week.  I’m home and I’ve been enjoying time with my boys and my mom.  I am doing well.  I have clinic appointments 3 times per week where I go in and get blood drawn (to check my counts, my blood chemistry, etc).  On Friday last week during my first appointment at the clinic I had to stay an extra 2 hours for a magnesium infusion because my magnesium level was so low.  Since then I haven’t had to have any extra infusions at the clinic.  A home health RN came to the house and showed me how to do IV infusions here at home, so I do that each afternoon with a bag of electrolytes & 6mg of extra magnesium.  Apparently my magnesium is low because one of the meds that I take (the immunosuppressant) really messes with my blood chemistry (particularly the mag).
 
My skin rash is getting better in some areas and staying about the same in others.  Still haven’t had to have it biopsied, but who know what the doc will say today when I go in to the clinic.  Other than the rash, I am feeling pretty good physically.  I am very tired (just from doing my usual stuff around the house) and I usually need to take 1-2 naps per day just to keep my energy up…but that isn’t too bad! J
 
I am still not supposed to have any visitors or be out in public around crowds until my doc says that my counts are high enough and even then I really shouldn’t be out in crowds.  I have to time my essential errands (bank, pharmacy, etc) to when they will be least crowded.  My mom and I did a good job of this yesterday when we went to the bank (we were the only people in there!) J 
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment