Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Waiting for progress


Today was a pretty good day overall.  I feel like I’m making progress on my treatment plan even if I am not seeing evidence of it with my ANC results yet.  This afternoon I got my last dose of Methotrexate (a chemotherapy drug used to help prevent graft vs. host disease (GVHD).  I have all the “toxic” stuff behind me now.  I also had enough energy to stand during part of my shower this afternoon (I’ve been so weak I’d been sitting down for about the past week).  Funny that I would have never thought this would be such exciting news but I was so pleased by this I thought I’d share my good news with you J

Doc came by this morning and said that “everything looks good on paper” and that I seem to be tolerating everything pretty well…and now we just wait for my cells to take up shop & start working.  He said we will most likely see some upward progress in my ANC results by late this week.  GO CELLS GO!!!  The doc also reassured me that my mouth and throat ulcers will start to heal as my ANC goes up and that I’ll probably know I’m on the upward trend before the ANC numbers actually show it.  I am SO ready to have my mouth feel better…my diet of Vanilla Ensure and Strawberry popsicles is getting sorta monotonous J
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment