Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rock'in out to the IV pump


Just a quick update today…My ANC is still in the single digits.  I am at 8 today.  My RBCs are getting low again (despite my transfusion 2 days ago) and my nurse thinks I’ll need another transfusion tomorrow morning once they recheck me.  The biggest side effect of the low RBC count is that I’m SO tired! I was only able to walk 20 lengths of the hall today cuz it wore me out so quickly.

Last night they started a new IV pump that can pump 6 different meds into my line at a time.  They decided to do this so that they don’t have to worry about risking me getting an infection as they had been constantly changing tubing and exposing me to potential problems.  So this new IV pump is in addition to my regular pump (cuz some meds can’t go through the “combo pump”.  The only thing about it that annoys me is that its LOUD.  It sounds like the “old days” when you’d rewind a cassette tape and it would hit the end and make that clicking sound.  This pump makes that noise every 5 seconds.  I’m getting used to it now, but I had to use earplugs last night in order to fall asleep cuz it was driving me nuts J lol

Other than feeling super tired, not much else is going on.  I’ll report back on Monday.  Have a great weekend!
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment