Friday, May 10, 2013

Zzzzzzz


Today has been good (and its only 11am)!  My ANC is up to 76 this morning.  I also had my first “real meal” (non-ensure/popsicle) in what has been nearly a week!  I was able to get down some oatmeal, a yogurt and an applesauce!  All still super soft food, but hey…progress is progress! J

The NP who works with my doc came in to see me this morning and said that they want to test me for a virus that has been spreading around the hospital & specifically this unit.  I have had a stuffy nose for the past 2 days and everytime I forget (was told not to blow my nose) and I blow it without thinking ahead of time it triggers me to get a nose bleed.  So the respiratory therapist should be in later this morning.  Apparently they will spray some saline up my nose & then collect what drips out (eww) and test my sample for the virus.  I think this is what Kyle had to do while he was here in order to come visit me & his test was clear (but I remember him saying that the actual process of being tested was rather uncomfortable).  Not looking forward to the “water-boarding” feeling, but at least it is not another bone marrow biopsy (at least I have a few more weeks till I have to do that again) J

I had the best night’s sleep in the hospital that I’ve had my entire stay so far, last night.  Apparently the combination of my pain medication patch & 0.5mg of Ativan does the trick to knock me out (even with nurses coming into my room in the middle of the night, my IV machine that is super noisy & all the bells/alarms that go off in the unit).  I was OUT last night and woke up feeling so much more rested!
 
My mouth sores are just starting to heal which is awesome!!  My throat is still sore but I’m able to take pills now (with super icy water to numb up my throat).  The nurse thinks that they may be able to get most of my meds over to pill form and free me from my IV a couple of times per day (I CAN’T WAIT!!)

Last but not least, a shout out to my amazing dad who is celebrating a birthday today!  Happy Birthday Dad!!
-Chellie  

No comments:

Post a Comment