Monday, May 27, 2013

Life at home.

Still home and still feeling well.  My counts were down a bit at my appointment on Friday (my ANC dropped about 200 points, but I’m still above 1000 overall, so that is good!)  The NP that we saw at the clinic said that it is somewhat common for counts to kinda drop a bit when they grow too quickly (Kyle’s cells were going gangbusters J)

I have been getting out and walking around the neighborhood early in the morning or late in the afternoon for the past week and its wonderful to get fresh air & enjoy everyone’s nicely manicured yards!  Since I’m not allowed to do any gardening this year, I’m enjoying all of my neighbors flowers!  Definitely looking forward to being able to plant annuals and a vegetable garden again next year!

My home IV fluids got decreased a bit this week, which is good news!  Now instead of infusing a whole liter of fluids I’m down to half a liter (still the same amount of magnesium in there though).  The NP at the clinic also mentioned that if I continue to do well that I might be able to start taking oral magnesium (instead of needing to do it via IV infusion) sometime next month.  That would be awesome because the sooner I can get switched over to all oral meds and get off the IV meds the better.  That will also help me show my doc that I’m doing well and hopefully he’ll give me clearance to go visit my coworkers at work, start driving again, and possibly even return to work by the end of summer/early fall!?!  We’ll see!  I’m optimistic because everything has been going pretty well so far!  My rash is getting better on my neck/upper back.  Its still there on my arms but the topical steroid cream seems to be keeping it under control for the most part.  I’m VERY pleased with this as I’ve been able to avoid oral steroids so far!  WOO HOO

I must say, it is SO nice to be back in my own home and with my family!  My mom and I are enjoying going through recipe books and marking new recipes (and old favorites) to make.  I absolutely love to be in the kitchen baking and I’m looking forward to having her shop for our ingredients and then being able to try new recipes out!  I really missed baking while I was in the hospital and I can't wait to bust out my KitchenAid stand mixer and whip up some new tasty recipes!
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment