Friday, May 10, 2013

Life in the joint - guest blog


Guest blogger Johnny V. back again by popular demand. I took today off so I could bring Chellie some supplies (life in the joint is tough) and visit with her for awhile. She took her last dose of methotrexate yesterday so we are hopeful that her mouth and throat will start feeling better soon. The doctors thought it best to bump up the dosage on her fentanyl in order to ease the pain and make "eating" more bearable. Eating is a relative term as her diet continues to consist of ensure, milkshakes, popsicles, and anything cold and soft.

Chellie has also been experiencing some nausea as an added bonus to the pain and fatigue. Thanks chemo! She is handling it like a trooper though and has thus far remained vomit free since day three. Actually I was just told that she yakked yesterday but I am leaving it in cause I like the rhyme. Despite the side effects, Chellie remains focused on her goal of getting out of here in about 9 days. Go cells go!

Dad, Scotty, and JP are muddling through each week and enjoy the occasional weekend reprieve from John's mom who is a huge help. We will be celebrating Father's Day this weekend (we decided to switch with Mothers Day) by going out to a restaurant and seeing how long Scotty can keep his cool in public. Chellie thinks I should pay in advance and be prepared to bail before ever getting my food but I have faith in the little man. With the way the ladies swoon over him I doubt I will have any trouble getting a volunteer to hold him while I eat(lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment