Thursday, May 16, 2013

D Day!!


The countdown has begun!  Just a few more hours still I get to walk out of the hospital a “free woman” J  John and I have met with the nutritionist & thoroughly reviewed all of the details of my nutropenic diet.  John picked up all of my prescriptions from the pharmacy & brought them in this morning so that the hospital pharmacist could meet with us & review everything.   John just took a cart full off my stuff down to the car & now we are just sitting around waiting for the doc to write my official discharge orders.  I can’t wait to breathe fresh air for the first time in nearly a month…but most of all I can’t wait to hold my little man!  We will be going straight from the hospital to daycare to pick him up this afternoon J

I am SO excited to be going home this afternoon but with that excitement comes some anxiety.  I sure as heck don’t want to come back to the hospital if I can help it (obviously) and John has prepared the house very well for me coming home.  I just hope that my GVHD rash on my skin can be managed with the topical steroid cream and that I won’t experience any GVHD of the gut (my nurse who did my original discharge education session mentioned that most readmissions are due to GVHD of the gut & not being able to absorb medications adequately.
 
Peace out Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Hospital… I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO COME BACK TO THE BMT UNIT AGAIN!
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment