Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bronco Mania


Discharge is still planned for Thursday afternoon.  Only 2 more “wake ups” till I get to kiss my little man, Scotty!! J  I am still feeling well and keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go as planned!  The doc hasn’t come in yet today, so I’ll see what she has to say when she comes in this afternoon.  The “unit discharge planner” stopped by my room this morning and talked about setting up the home health agency for my IV/infusions.  It sounds to me like the “discharge ball” is rolling J
 
Today was a pretty exciting day on the unit.  We had 4 Broncos players come visit!!  They were awesome and so personable!  They thought it was really cool that Kyle was my stem cell donor.  They commented on one of the pictures I have on my wall (Scott with a plush football) & talked about how he could be a future Bronco J  It was really nice to have them come visit.  They were all super tall and a few of them didn’t fit in the yellow gowns that they had to wear because their shoulders are so wide!



Funny how things work.  My nurse today, Laura, will be my nurse for discharge on Thursday.  She is the very first nurse I had back in February at St. Joes when I admitted for my first round of chemotherapy!  I haven’t seen her since that very first day that I admitted to the hospital across the street and now in my last days at this hospital she is my nurse.  We were joking this afternoon that my treatment has come full circle since she was my original admitting nurse and later this week she will be my discharge nurse J 
-Chellie   

No comments:

Post a Comment