Friday, May 31, 2013

Bone Biopsy Naps

These blog updates haven’t been happening as often as I’d intended…sorry about that.  Now that I’m home, I feel like I’m busy with appointments, home IV infusions, napping J, etc.

Things are continuing to go well with my recovery.  I’m feeling well overall.  My rash on my arms is still itchy, bumpy and pinkish red, but its getting better on my neck, upper back & my chest! J  Just gonna keep on, keeping on!

I had my first post-transplant bone marrow biopsy (BMBx) on Wednesday.  All of my previous BMBx had been done at Kaiser & they don’t do conscious sedation for their BMBxs.  Luckily, the Blood Cancer Institute offers sedation for their biopsies so I took them up on it.  Man, it was SOOOO much better.  It still hurt a tiny bit and my hip is sore from it, but it was 10x better than the Kaiser biopsies!  Funny enough, one of my coworker’s SIL went through CBCI for a transplant just like mine about 2 years ago and she HIGHLY recommended sedation EVERY.SINGLE.TIME from now on, since I’ll be having bone marrow biopsies monthly for a while.  I joked with her that I might have to have one of my friends/coworkers write me a letter stating that I have a legit anxiety disorder related to previous unsedated bone marrow biopsies (I honestly think I have developed some serious anxiety).
 
While my mom and I were waiting at the registration desk at the hospital (prior to my biopsy) I got super hot and had to take my fleece jacket off.  As I took my jacket off, the rash on my arms was BRIGHT RED and looked super angry.  As my mom pointed out, I think my anxiety manifest almost like hives and made my rash worse (it got better once we got home and I was able to relax).
  

Sorry for the long delay between updates…I’ll try to be better about writing J  I have another doc appointment tomorrow and hopefully we’ll get the preliminary results from my biopsy earlier this week… (fingers crossed for normal/cancer free results!!!)
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment