Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chemo is a Blast


Still no news from my transplant coordinator regarding the high resolution test results.  She did call me today to say that she hasn't forgotten about me and she thinks we should know tomorrow.  At this point I am not sure whether to believe her and don't want to get my hopes up.  We'll see.  All I know is that she promised to call me as soon as she knows and I believe her on that part.  For now I just continue to pray :)

I spent all day long at the output. Kaiser clinic today.  I arrived @ 7:30am and didn't leave till 3:30pm.  I got blood drawn, 2 units of blood transfused, had some nice conversations with a few other patients and joked with my nurse who was having a rough day thanks to the manic/bipolar woman who sat next to me in the transfusion room this morning.  At one point the nurse called the unit social worker to come in and talk to her but she was too paranoid to engage with him.  I felt bad for the nurse and the social worker and I hope that the lady follows through with some mental health treatment soon.  The whole experience just made me miss work even more. 

Dr. Libel stopped by my chair today @ the clinic and shared some concerning news.  She said today my blood showed a few blasts (not good) but she quickly explained that she thinks it might be related to the Neupogen injections.  She said it is possible that my bone marrow is working overtime and the medication might be the reason my bone marrow is releasing some immature cells (aka blasts).  So, our plan is for me to stop the injections after today's dose and see how things look next week.  She told me that she is hoping that without the medication over stimulating my bone marrow that it will churn out only healthy/mature cells.  We will monitor and see next week.  Prayers for  improved/blast-free blood work are greatly appreciated. J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment