Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Home Sweet Home


Wonderful news…still at home! J  Keep those prayers coming, I can feel them working and have been feeling well (no fevers)!  I am tired (reminds me of the fatigue I had in my first trimester with Scotty), and I have my first “mouth sore” related to the chemo (which means no acidic or spicy foods) but other than adding a nap or two to my routine and making sure to rinse my mouth with baking soda and water every few hours, not biggie/  Still SO good to be home with my boys and my mom!!  Not much compares to being able to nap on your own couch and snuggle with my boys in the evening when everyone gets home from work/daycare!

I had an outpatient appointment at the Kaiser oncology office yesterday and they said that my counts were just at the threshold for a red blood cell transfusion but since I was feeling good (no shortness of breath or major fatigue) they let me go yesterday and said to expect a transfusion when I come in tomorrow.  So, my mom will go with me to my outpatient appt tomorrow and we’ll hang out for 4-5 hrs for a red blood cell transfusion.  My mom will be knitting and I’m planning to take my hole punch, recipe binder that I got from my “foodie friend” Pauline (the one who taught me to make homemade bagels & challah bread) and tomorrow I’ll spend my afternoon organizing my recipes while I get my transfusion.  My mom has been making all of our favorite dinners and stocking our freezer so that when she goes back to CA this weekend we are all stocked up J

Still neutropenic so that means my mom has been running all of my errands for me.  I drive (feels good to get out of the house) but I’m not allowed to be “in public” so I stay in the car and send her in to Target, Sprouts, the Post Office, Walgreens, etc.  I just sit in the car & read magazines...pretty sweet deal if you ask me J  lol

Hoping that my counts start to bounce back here soon so that we can “stay on track” for Phase B of this first round of chemo.  If my counts come back up as the doctor hopes, then I’ll likely readmit to the hospital midweek next week for Phase B which hopefully will be a 5 day hospitalization & then back home again if all goes according to plan.  I really just want to stay on track so we can get this ball rolling, find out that I’m in remission & keep moving forward with the plan.  One step at a time, but I’ve got hope that this will all be behind us by the end of the summer and that we can celebrate with a trip down to my parents cabin in Pagosa for a nice relaxing Labor Day weekend come September!
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment