Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Waiting Game


No transfusion today.  My mom and I packed up our bags this morning, ready to spend the day at the Kaiser infusion clinic just to find out that my numbers hadn’t changed that much and Dr. Liel didn’t think that I needed a transfusion today (probably Friday, or “so she claims”) J I am still anemic but not to the point of needing a transfusion (yet). I am definitely more tired, but Dr. Liel didn’t think that it was related to the anemia and more likely related to the “massive amounts of chemo over the past two weeks” (her words, not mine) lol.  So, we go back on Friday (with our bags packed again) and we’ll see what happens.  Dr. Liel has told me in the past that they like to make sure patients can “get through the weekends” without transfusions, so I’m assuming that I’ll get mine on Friday to ward off any possible problems over the coming weekend.  Then again, who knows…maybe by that time my numbers will start bouncing back up (its such a fluid process that I’m starting to realize ya just prepare for the long haul & skip out happily if they let ya go early) J

Still feeling good…again, just tired.  I think the chemotherapy side effects are starting to creep up on me a bit, but nothing that isn’t manageable with an extra nap or two each day J  Luckily my mom is still here to help out this week and Scotty goes to our awesome daycare provider each day (the consistency and routine makes life much easier for me).  My mom will return to CA on Saturday (looks like she’ll get outta Denver just before we have our next snow storm hit)!  Planning on another bone marrow biopsy sometime next week (to check numbers again) and then once we get that back we start planning for the next hospitalization (phase B of this first round of chemo).

Since I got done early at the infusion clinic today I was able to stop by my office this afternoon, make copies of some paperwork for HR and introduce my mom to all of my coworkers and my boss.  It was SO good to see familiar faces (love you guys!) and my mom commented on how sweet and awesome you guys are!   I think she realizes now why I love my job and especially my team/coworkers/friends so much! J  
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment