Saturday, March 2, 2013

Freedom!


Today’s entry is short & sweet.  I’M GOING HOME!!!!  The discharge orders are in the computer and I’m waiting for the pharmacy downstairs to process all 8 of my scripts (yes, 8!!) so we can pick them up before heading home.  

I can’t wait to get home, hold my son, pet my dog, sleep in my own bed, and take a walk outside in our neighborhood.  Aside from walking in the neighborhood, if I go out in public (grocery store, etc.) I’ll have to sport my “Michael Jackson” mask since I’m still immunocompromised.  I’ve been daydreaming about wandering the aisles at Costco (funny how a routine chore sounds so fun now), but Dr. Liel said that I shouldn’t really be going out to do things like that L So for now, John and my mom will run all of our errands (while I stay home and snuggle with Scotty).  Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me J lol 

Hopefully I will get to stay home this entire week.  If I spike a fever (which for me is 100.3) I have to come back to the emergency room and readmit.  Please send prayers that I will be able to remain at home all week and not come back to the hospital until my doc says I’m ready for Phase B of chemo!
-Chellie

5 comments:

  1. Chellie, I'm sending big strong prayers for you. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Home Sweet Home!!! :) Xs & Os, Auntie Deer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for being home!! It is always nice to be in your own ‘crib’.

    I have been trying to post a comment on this blog for almost a week now with no success…but tonight my nephew Chris patiently gave me a tutorial that hopefully will work. So here goes…making up for lost time!

    First off, I had a wonderful visit with Chellie, John, Scotty and Debbie (who I had not seen in almost 3 weeks) last week. It was so good to see Chellie her usual cheerful, upbeat self. Made me feel very, very good!! A dad worries about his kid and I was just so happy to see her! I am truly inspired by the strength she is showing. Debbie and I are so proud of her!!

    The support and generosity you have shown is overwhelming and means so much to all of us. Thanks to all!!

    Chellie, enjoy your time at home! Recharge your batteries and renew the drive to fight!

    I love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers continue to head your way! Enjoy your time with that sweet son of yours and recharge for Phase B!

    ReplyDelete