Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sucking the marrow from life without choking on the bone


Another outpatient appointment at Kaiser this morning and another “get outta jail free” card (no transfusion needed).  My numbers looked good again today, trending in the right direction (still hanging right around the threshold for a possible red blood cell transfusion, but since I’m still feeling good & not having any shortness of breath, they let me go) J  Good news is that my doc moved up my bone marrow biopsy that had been scheduled for Thursday…its now going to be tomorrow afternoon @ 1pm.  I’ve requested some medication this time (the first one hurt, big time, and now I’m anxious about it, so they’ll give me an Ativan ahead of time tomorrow).  With the bone marrow biopsy being moved up that puts me back on track for a probable hospital admission later this week (Thurs?) for Phase B of chemotherapy.  (You know me, I like to stay on schedule and be on time for everything J lol

I have been experiencing some “bone pain” from the injections I had to give myself last week.  It is the weirdest feeling to have my hips and my back be so sore, but it makes sense because those injections help my bone marrow work overtime to stimulate growth of healthy blood cells.  I never had growing pains as a child, but I imagine that they feel similar?
 
My MIL, Judy, is coming up from Pueblo tomorrow afternoon to visit Scotty.  I’m hoping that if I feel up to it after my bone marrow biopsy (and if my doc approves), that John and I might be able to have a little date night (even if its just going to get take out & going for a drive) while Scott hangs out with Grandma Bates.  :)
Continued thanks for all of the prayers and support.  Fingers crossed that the results of my bone marrow biopsy tomorrow are exactly what Dr. Liel wants to see (we’ll know results on Thursday) & that we can proceed forward as planned with Phase B of chemotherapy.  To quote one of my favorite cards that I got from my coworkers “Chemo Sucks….but if it sucks the cancer right out of ya, then Yay Chemo!” J
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment