Monday, March 11, 2013

Snow day

My apologies to all for posting this 2 days late (the weekend got away from me was to be posted Mar 9) - jdv


It’s a snowy Saturday here in Denver.  No big plans today, exactly the way I like it! J  I spent the morning snuggling with Scotty and this afternoon I’ll enjoy some time in my kitchen making homemade soup and bread for dinner.  PERFECT way to spend a snow day!  Being in my kitchen makes my heart sing and John is awesome about doing the dishes as I make my culinary messes J

Had another outpatient appointment yesterday.  Mom and I packed up all of our stuff (again), assuming I’d have a transfusion since we were going into the weekend and my numbers had been creeping along kinda low all week.  Low & behold, my numbers yesterday rebounded and that meant we were able to skip out early again, no transfusion! J  My platelets nearly doubled (woo hoo) and my WBC is high enough now that I don’t have to do any injections this weekend!  I was also able to get rid of the big bandage/dressing on my central line yesterday (had to be on for the first 2 weeks to protect it from infection) and now I just have my line that is held down with a do-hicky called a “stat-lock” (major improvement!).  I can shower without having to worry about it getting wet now!

With my “found time” yesterday afternoon and no need for transfusion, my mom and I were able to run lots of errands before she headed back to CA.  Feels so good to get items checked off my to-do list.  We even ventured to Costco (shh, don’t tell my doc) which I’d been looking forward to since my time at the hospital.  Don’t worry, I wore my mask and made sure not to touch anything J lol

I continue to be completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from everyone.  Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a check from her church that literally brought tears to my eyes.  I can’t even begin to describe the thoughts and feelings that come up for me as friends, family and total strangers offer their support to my little family!  As funny as it may sound given the circumstances, I feel INCREDIBLY BLESSED! 
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment