Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Going Bananas!


Just hanging out at home and resting today.  My electrolytes are a tad off (high sodium and low potassium) due to all the chemo and the side effects of the meds they gave me in the hospital…so my “job” today is just to drink lots of water, stay away from salt, eat bananas, and rest.  J  Doc said I could take potassium pills (um, no thanks – those suckers are HUGE), but also said that I could also probably manage it with diet, so increasing my banana, nut & OJ consumption is on the agenda today.  So far today I’ve had a few saltines, a yogurt, a banana, glass of OJ & and a peanut butter cookie.  My MIL stocked up our fridge & freezer with goodies before heading back to Pueblo yesterday and left some amazing peanut butter cookies in the freezer.  Yum!  (Thanks Judy)!

After the promising news yesterday about Kyle being my potential match I am still praying that the “high resolution” tests come back as a match!  This would seriously be the best birthday ever (next week) if that is the case!!! J  I keep hanging on to the word “promising” as that is how my transplant coordinator described the outlook. For those of you who don’t know, Kyle saved my life once already as a kid (Ky, do you remember when we locked ourselves in the trunk of the Maxima before that soccer game? Stupid kids J lol). Here’s hoping that the high resolution tests come back in our favor and that the transplant doc at CBCI gives us the “go ahead” to move forward as planned!! 
-Chellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment