Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Home Sweet Home - Part 2


Home again!  Last night my methotrexate level that needed to be 0.1 for discharge was still 0.11…so close.  So my awesome night nurse drew another level at 3am this morning (so it would be ready when the docs arrived this morning for rounds) and my level was 0.07!  Thank you night nurse, Val, for getting that level back so I was able to discharge this morning!

John came to the hospital this morning, picked me up, and brought me home.  I took a nap in my own bed (glorious) and spent time this afternoon hanging out with my boys.  I have to start self- injections again tonight and I am going to have to be extremely vigilant about hand hygiene and staying in the house this week.  Prayers for continued health (no fevers/infections) and that I can manage to stay out of the hospital would be wonderful.

BEST NEWS YET…we got a call from my transplant coordinator this morning that Kyle is a preliminary match for me for transplant!  I was going to try and keep it “on the low down” until we know more (few more tests) but I am so excited I don’t think I can wait long enough to share the good news!  We are a preliminary 6/6 match and the nurse said that they will send it for additional “high resolution” testing.  We should know sometime late this week or next week, but it looks promising! J

God is SO good! -Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment