Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sneak me in a file - these bars are strong.


Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  Today’s blog update is late (& shorter) because it was a bit of a rough morning.  I was REALLY tired (combo of the new chemo, low blood counts, and being up all night (having nurses in my room every 2 hrs isn’t very conducive to sleep).  This round of chemo has required a lot more monitoring by the nurses (neuro exams & eye drops every 6 hrs, urine ph levels and vital signs taken every 4 hrs, and then different meds and lab draws throughout the day/night.  And of course, they are all staggered at different times so I’ve got staff in & out of my room constantly!!!

To help with my fatigue, my doc ordered 2 units of blood for transfusion.  I got my first one earlier this afternoon and took a nap while it transfused.  Woke up feeling much better and I’m getting my second unit right now.  (Thank you again to all the blood donors out there!) J

Judy (my MIL) was nice enough to stay an extra day at our house to help with Scotty… so John is on his way to the hospital to have dinner with me J  I’m waiting for my nurse to take my methotrexate level here in a few minutes.  Yesterday’s level was down from 15 (Friday) to 0.38!  My oncologist said we hope to see that it continues to drop dramatically like it did yesterday, but sometimes people kinda level out right above 0.1 (the threshold for going home)…I’m praying that my levels continue to drop dramatically & that I can bust outta this joint tomorrow morning as planned! Lol
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment