Thursday, March 7, 2013

The merits of flexibility


Flexibility has become the new motto around here.  Pre-leukemia you could ask John about my obsessive nature to plan everything, make lists, etc and he probably would have laughed but agreed that it was a bit neurotic. (I still think its helpful, someone’s gotta keep the chaos organized!)  Now-a-days that is kinda out the window.  I/we have to be fluid and flexible with everything.  For instance, the docs at the Colorado Blood Cancer Institute just called a few minutes ago and want to squeeze me in for my first appointment this afternoon @ 3:00pm.  So, we get to drive downtown (again) this afternoon to meet these nice folks (skipping the other errands we had planned today since it was supposed to be a “rest” day).  I also spent time on the phone this morning with Southwest Airlines rebooking my mom’s flight so we can get her back to CA tomorrow night (avoiding her possibly getting stuck here in Denver due to the storm that’s coming in on Saturday).   Good thing we have options and opportunities to be flexible all while trying to organize schedules, run errands, etc.

Not sure what the appointment at CBCI is really for…I’m guessing that it’s my initial consultation and possibly to start the HLA typing for my bone marrow match.  We’ll see.  I’ll update ya tomorrow while I’m waiting at the Kaiser infusion clinic for my probable blood transfusion (man, these medical appointments are like a full time job)! lol 
-Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment